Tuesday, February 19, 2013

J Crew sale spending orgy

Over the past 6 weeks or so I've been on what can only be described as a J Crew spending orgy.
It was sparked by the 20% off code I had which expired at the beginning of Feb, and further fuelled by the extra 30% and 40% off sale codes.

First up, the Clover tweed pencil skirt, purchased along with the merino boyfriend sweater with the aforementioned evil, enabling 20% off full-price code:



I got this in my usual J Crew size, 00P. It's tts, I'd say, although possibly a smidgen tighter around the bum than last season's. Or maybe my bum has grown?
I'm wearing it here with a Jackie cardi scored with the extra 30% code, a Wolford black top and L'Autre Chose sandals.
Excuse the glam shots taken in my work loo.



Next is the Merino boyfriend sweater in Warm Peacock. This is an xxs, but its still pretty huge on me. I like the colour and the slouchiness, but would prefer it to be a touch narrower. Still, I'm happy with it. For reference, I'm 158cm (5'1" ish) and about 47kg (100lbs or so).
I'm wearing it with Nudie jeans and Repetto flats in navy, not that you can really see much due to bluriness.



This is the Cashmere boyfriend sweater in green.... Can't remember which green, but it was on final sale with 40% off. This is also an xxs, and I think I prefer the fit of this version compared to the merino one. It's slightly shorter and a touch more fitted, which I think works better on me.



Next is the Collection cashmere herringbone sweater in xs. This is divine! I love the style and fit. I have quite broad shoulders and am blessed (??) with a rather large bust (28DD), so the xxs would have been too tight across the boobage.
It's still hot here now, but am planning to wear this with skirts and boots once it cools down.




Finally, the Double Cloth Slim trench, which I scored with the 40% off. This is 00P, and in all truth I probably could have done with sizing up to accommodate shoulders and bust, but it's totally wearable, a gorgeous colour and will be fine for our mild winters.



Apologies for the dodgy pics - I'm new to blogging about my clothes.

13 comments:

  1. I am glad you started a blog too!
    I have the merino boyfriend sweater in tw0 colors and adore it.

    Please check out my blog too(i am in germany)
    ina-wonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ina, thanks for visiting and commenting! Love your blog - the boyfriend merino in the pale grey looks amazing on you. I think you must be a bit taller than me, it seems to be a better length on you.

      Delete
    2. Ruth,i am shorter than you(155cm),but i weigh a little more(53 kg).
      It is also very hard for me here in germany to find clothes for my size.German women are tall and sturdy and i am the opposite.Jcrew is a life saver for me too:)

      Delete
  2. Welcome to fashion blogging and the never ending dilemma of what to do with your hands in the photos. The coat looks fab by the way, hopefully a cold spell is heading your way. I read your post on JCA, I'm pretty sure we international buyers didn't get the most recent valentines day % off promotion. I saw some other bloggers heralding it but it didn't show on the Japan site. Wedding promo we getting, no good to me though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jude - it's a bit strange taking photos of oneself!
      You're right, no recent promos for us poor internationals! I did a small order from the US site and will get the stuff forwarded to me. It's a nuisance, but still worked out waaaaaaay cheaper the the rip-off prices on the Aus site.

      Wedding stuff holds zero appeal to me.

      Thanks for visiting and commenting.

      Delete
  3. I love that coat! Beautiful color and it looks great on you. I agree with your assessments of the sweaters, the more fitted ones look best on you, the herringbone in particular is really nice! I'm relieved the sale is bridal now, I won't buy anything from that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cate, the coat is a great addition to my wardrobe.

      The more fitted knits are better on me, but the merino boyfriend will be good over leggings as it will cover my bum!

      Thanks so much for checking out my blog and commenting! I may not post very frequently, but will try!

      Delete
  4. Ruth, congrats on your new blog. Based on your other blog, I would say that these pics must have been taken prior to Feb. 14th. Yikes, good luck. The coat looks great on you and I am looking forward to your reviews since we are the same height, weight not so much but I will work on that LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi JRSConifer, you're right, the photos were taken pre-op - since the 14th I've been wearing glam sweat shorts and 'lounge wear' ie daggy old house clothes!

      I will certainly endeavour to do some reviews in the coming weeks, but the pics might be a bit odd!
      One of the reasons I love J Crew clothes is that they do petite sizes. Here in Aus there are few options for shorties, and most petite ranges are woefully bad; think frumpy polyester items at a ridiculously high price.
      I only discovered J Crew about a year ago, but am so thrilled to be able to buy stylish basics that fit!

      Glad you visited!

      Delete
  5. It's so nice to see you blogging, Ruth! Thank you for all the pics and reviews. Everything looks lovely on you, and the color of your coat is gorgeous! I hope that all is going well with your recovery, and that the time until you get your cast removed passes by quickly for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, FFM! I often read your blog - such a great resource!

      Recovery is going well, with any luck the cast will come off on Friday. Then 5 weeks of a boot (with no walking on it grrrr)
      It's rather ironic that the one time in my life that I seem to have the time to start a blog is the time when I'll be usable to wear proper outfits and stand up to take pics of them!!

      I'll have to think of a way to take pics on my crutches or sitting down.

      Thanks again for visiting. It's so exciting to know that people have looked at my blog!

      Delete
  6. I LOVE the No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Clover Tweed, and it looks great on you!!! I'm SO glad that you're blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Rynetta! It was your pics on your blog that inspired me to take the plunge on the clover tweed!
    I love the colours so much. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete