Thursday, February 21, 2013

Ootd and my new boot

As you can see, I have a stylish new boot! It adds a certain elegance to my outfit, I think!
I'm wearing a J Crew Factory skirt which I bought on eBay. I find the Factory pencil skirts run large. This is a 00 and I had it tailored as it was very loose in the waist and hips. The alterations cost more than the skirt, which is bloody annoying, but c'est la vie. Petite sizes must be cut slimmer than regular I guess.
With the skirt is a Jackie cardigan, M&S singlet and one Nike runner for the good leg. Sunnies are Cutler & Gross from 2007. It's a miracle I haven't lost them or sat on them!
The boot will be with me for the next 5 weeks. No need for new shoes for a while. Sigh.

Any ideas for crutch and boot accessible fashion?
How would you style a boot like this?







10 comments:

  1. I regret not getting the skirt,because the pattern is beautiful.I loved seeing the dress on Drew Barrymore.Great combination with the green jackie!


    Its funny to think that your halfway around the world for me and we are still wearing the same jcrew,lol.What season do you have right now? Fall?
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a beautiful print - just wish it was lined....

    It is crazy that we're living half way around the world from each other! Australia is so far from Europe... I'm from the UK and moved here some years ago after a decade or so of travelling around Asia. I love it, but really miss the diversity of Europe.
    It's currently still summer here. Most days are 27 - 35 degrees. Autumn officially starts in March, but its often pretty warm up until mid April. Winter runs from June - August, and its usually about 15 degrees or so then. It occasionally gets down to 10 degrees, but that's about as cold as it gets here! Not a proper winter at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! Sorry about your foot! Love that skirt. I got the scarf in that print and love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rose - the foot is a pain, and rather prevents much creativity or variation in my outfits!

      I had no idea there was a scarf in this print - must be beautiful!

      Delete
  4. Love your outfit, I have the shirt in that print but loving it with the green cardigan. Glad to see you are out and about. No good ideas on styling that boot, I am afraid unless you put a scarf around it. Hope the 5 weeks go by fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too funny - a scarf around the boot would be fab!

      Delete
  5. Good luck w/the boot portion of healing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gigi! Love your blog - such a great resource, especially since I never see things in a B&M!

      Delete
  6. Hi! Not sure if you saw the post on jcrewaficionada, but there is a new int'l promo - the code insider for 20% off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natasha, I just checked my mail and saw the code. I didn't read the fine print, so initially thought it was another US only code. Thrilled that it isn't, although I have no spare $$$$ :-(
      Will you be getting anything?

      Delete