Saturday, March 2, 2013

Early morning shop

Never let it be said that I am idle on a Sunday!
It's 8:40am here on Sunday 3rd March, and I've just ordered this J Crew Wool Flannel Schoolboy blazer on final sale. I also used my 20% off voucher.
I really, really hope it fits. I ordered the 00 regular, as the 00P was snatched from my basket at the last minute.

Does anyone own this jacket? Does it fit tts?
Is the colour the same as the pic on the JC site?
I've been trying to find reviews on the JCA blog, but the search function doesn't work on the iPad, so any thoughts would be great!

I wear blazers at lot in Autumn/winter, so I think this will be a good addition to my mainly black and navy blazer collection. This seems a more practical purchase than any of the new Spring pieces.

The buttons look a bit dodgy - might have to change them, but I love the sound of the interior lipstick pocket! What a genius idea.



9 comments:

  1. I have the velvet version in a 4P which and I think it fits true to size. A quick google search picked up this review by lovely lady who seems to wear a similar size to you. http://vickysdailyfashion.blogspot.jp/2012/11/sale-alert-jcrew-online-25-off.html
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ta Jude! What colour is your velvet one? I was very tempted by the velvet, but practical wool won out.
      I did a quick google and found quite a few reviews, and I reckon the fit will be fine, but the sleeves will probably be too long. I usually roll sleeves up anyway, so it won't be such a big deal.

      Delete
  2. I have this blazer too, and like jude musings, I think that it fits TTS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Rynetta, your blog inspired me to look for a blazer! Your blazer collection is truly fabulous, and it got me thinking about getting a coloured blazer!

      Delete
    2. Awwww, thanks, you're super sweet! I'm SO glad that you're blogging!!!!

      Delete
  3. Rynetta always inspires me too!

    I havent tried any jc blazers yet,but i ordered the micro tweed navy jacket with the code.Hopefully it fits and looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was eyeing up the micro tweed too - looking forward to seeing pics on you when it arrives. It looks cool on the website, sort of like an edgy Chanel.
      I wear blazers a fair bit to work with jeans/pants - they're a great way to smarten up my casual stuff when I have to reach or go to a meeting.

      Delete
    2. That should read 'teach', not 'reach'!

      Delete
    3. Ina, you're super sweet!!! I'm so glad to have blogging pals like you and Ruth!!!!

      Delete