Friday, March 15, 2013

OoTE

Tonight we're off out for dinner at an old friend's house. As usual, the clothing conundrum has reared its head. I'm usually far more decisive about my outfits, but the crutch and boot make a lot of sartorial choices impossible. Add to this the need to wear a 'sensible' shoe and it's a recipe for prevarication.
This is a contender:


Acne dress (present from J) - looks much better with pumps, obviously, but makes me feel a touch glam anyway. 


Wolford Athens top with J Crew clover tweed skirt - a touch matronly with the boot.



DVF shirt dress. 
Love this, but the crutches really need a tight fitting top, otherwise everything looks frumpy and pulled up.


Wolford top, J Crew pixilated houndstooth skirt.
I think this is the winner for tonight. I'll wear it with a Nike runner (oh the glamour!), a J Crew Jackie cardi in bright red, and a black bangle.

Have I mentioned how much I'm looking forward to being able to walk/stand/move again?
Only 13 more days to go!

Cheers and have a good weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I like all of the oufits,esp the the DVF and the clover tweed and pixilated hounds tooth!
    YOu must be so tired of the cast,because the proper shoe the clothing just doesnt look right!
    It seems like its still warm where you are.I cant wait for the deep freeze to end here to wear more fun clothes.
    My tees came and the xxs works too,the striped top is pretty fitted though,lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am tired of the cast. I'm really jealous of people who can walk!!
      It's still around 28 degrees right now, although the nights are getting cooler.
      Thanks for visiting, Ina. Just off to look at your blog!

      Delete
  2. Hello! Is there extra fabric on the underside of the hem that one can have a tailor let down? I'm 5'9". Love the skirt, but not the length. Thx!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi cmg, there's a hem of about 5 cm. This is a petite 00 size, though, so you'd want the regular size which is about 2" longer, according to the website.
      Thanks for visiting!
      PS here's a link to the skirt on the site:
      http://www.jcrew.com.au/womens_category/skirts/alinefull/PRDOVR~48881/48881.jsp

      Delete