Friday, April 26, 2013

J Crew new stuff and off to the beach again!

We're back at the beach again for a long weekend of eating/drinking/walking and generally relaxing. The weather is utterly perfect: 26 C and sunny, so lots of beach walks are in order.
Some of us are very into crafting, so this weekend's project involves making doll's bed linen and cushions out of old woollen blankets scored at the Op Shop.
I don't have a crafting bone in my body, so while the sewing is happening, I've been reading and doing a bit of J Crew surfing (I also bake some cinnamon oysters this morning....pics later on)

Here's what caught my eye:


Love this print. The scarf is lovely...


This bag is a great shape, and if I had any $$$ I'd order this.


This cashmere would be a good addition to my winter sweater collection, but it's too $$ so I'll have wait to see if it ever goes on super sale.


Love the big tortoiseshell flowers


This would be a good replacement for an old sweatshirt that I spilled red wine on.


Lovely tree



Love this beach house. If I stop buying clothes for about 65 years I could buy it. I'm not joking. Houses here are insanely expensive. In fact, in NSW in general housing is extortionate.



Rock pools.

And here are the cinnamon oysters I made for morning tea.

Happy Friday. Hope you're having a good day/evening wherever you are.

14 comments:

  1. Love your picks with the punk floral,wish they would make the print in a tippi too:(

    I got a few things for vacation,but resisted the butterfly and flower hype.

    Enjoy your beach weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Tippi would be great... I won't be ordering any of this stuff, just a fantasy list!
      Looking forward to seeing your things when they arrive!

      Delete
  2. Those oyster thingys look amazing. perfect for breakfast...

    I also love a grey sweatshirt - I have one and its about 13 years old. I might go all flashdance on it and wear it at home now.

    26 degrees? We were 23 yesterday and properly delirious. back to 11 and rain today. Don't I make you feel great being in OZ?? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do make me feel SO good about being here! But, there are a lot of things I miss about Blighted...
      The oysters are yummy: wafer thin bites of deliciousness!

      Delete
    2. ... And I up think you should rock the flash dance sweatshirt!

      Delete
  3. I don't know what those cinammon oysters are but they look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tabs, they're a light sponge cakey thing sliced down the centre and filled with double cream. The recipe is from a book called 'Ladies, a Plate' by Alexa Johnston. It's full of cakes and slices made by New Zealand ladies!

      Delete
  4. Well I want some of those thingys, too! Ruth did I tell you my grandmother was a Kiwi and I still have relatives down there? Never been. When I am a rich and famous author will have to hit there and come round to your beach house for a few drinks! I like your picks! I am still eying the tortoiseshell. I do love it and I have nothing like it and the circle bracelet is very inexpensive compared to other pieces. But the flowers are divine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, I had no idea you had antipodean relatives! Many of my friends are kiwis, including the wonderful friends whose house we are currently staying in, hence the kiwi cookery books!
      I'd love you to come for a visit, so please keep us in mind!
      Tortoiseshell is a great classic, I reckon... Not meaning to be an enabler or anything....

      Delete
    2. Oh you have made me so happy! My grandmother, whose name was Huia (after the extinct bird) always said reckon and crickey!

      Delete
  5. I thought you had real oysters with cinnamon, I've never heard of these little treats, they look delicious!
    I looked at JCrew arrivals of course but nothing for me. That bucket bag is a nice shape, I bet it will hit sale if you wait long enough!
    Have fun at the beach, it might get to 16 this weekend which would make me delirious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love oysters, but not sure I could stomach them with cinnamon! They really do look oyster- like!
      The bag is lovely, but I have no budget for a bag and it's pure escapism making these lists of things... I have a massive list at NAP and Matches! You're right that it will probably go on sale, too.
      Hoping you get your 16 degree weekend!!

      Delete
  6. I'm at lunch and got a little nauseous thinking of cinnamon oysters. Thank goodness they are just cakes! I love the punk floral cashmere and wish it was a cheaper tippi too. Thanks for your reviews. I may have never commented but they are always appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute little house looks like it has a face. My husband and my first home cost us $500k in east Gordon. I don't think you could by a carspace in Sydney for that anymore. Every time I go back I am shocked by how the cost of living has gone up. Oops feel a rant about the price of a bottle of water and public transport coming on, time to check out. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete