Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Jenny Kee and bright colour overload

Another day of bright colour. I'm a bit obsessed with Jenny Kee scarves. Jenny is an Australian designer who was very popular in the 70's and 80's. She's once again popular, as she has re-released a lot of her iconic prints on silk scarves.
Her design are very bright and bold - lots of Australiana and local flora and fauna.
I've got three of her scarves, and this one has mini Opera houses, Uluru, and other very Australian symbols. You can see more of her items here:
http://www.jennykee.com/index.html



Today's outfit was J Crew purple pencil skirt, yellow Cos cardigan, Lover by Susien Chong leather jacket and Jenny Kee scarf. Plus ugly running shoes, of course.





Some of Jenny's designs:

7 comments:

  1. Love the colour on you, very distracting from the runners! My mum's Jenny Kee scarf is a mix between the bottom two. Kind of splodgy and bright colours. So glad you've reminded me of it... xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi - it does distract from the runners a bit. Really tired of wearing them, but they are very comfy and I'd rather let the ankle heal fully and look like a dag than re-injure it due to vanity.

      Delete
  2. I have never heard of Jenny Kee before,but i will check it out,because the prints are beautiful.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are beautiful designs. I love supporting local designers and locally made things.
      Hope you're having a good day and that the sun comes out for you!

      Delete
  3. I love this colour combination on you! Great outfit! I have never heard of Jenny Kee, off to check out her designs - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Purple and yellow is such a great color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Louise and Lisa. It's a good combo, isn't it? I would never have had felt comfortable wearing colours like that even 18 months ago, so I'm obviously really becoming a true Australian, finally!

    ReplyDelete