Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Lurgy and new J Crew

First of all, apologies for my silence in the blogosphere over the past week. I was suffering from a vile, pestilent lurgy of the gastric kind. It was horrid, but fingers crossed, I'm the only person in the family to succumb to it, so far.
Today, I dragged myself to work and that made me feel a bit more human, although it was fiendishly cold today here in Sydney.
On my arrival home, I had a look at the J Crew site. I must say that I've been very underwhelmed by the Spring/Summer collection so far, and the final rollout is no exception.
It's probably due to it being winter here, but that never usually stops me perving and lusting after clothes of inappropriate seasonal or lifestyle relevance.
Nevertheless, I can't stop myself from an almost Pavlovian checking of J Crew, especially when there's new stuff coming out.

Here are the few things that got my attention:
No 2 Pencil skirt in 'academic green'
love those colour names!


This necklace is very pretty, too. Rather pricey, though.


Even though I'm not a floral person, this print looks lovely:


I won't be getting any of the above, though. I'm saving myself for other things.
And perhaps the Fall/Winter collection, which looks far more interesting than the very blah stuff that's online at present.
Before I stop my rant about J Crew, can I also put it out there that I think their sale prices for International customers are outrageous. OUTRAGEOUS I say.
Lower your prices for those of us in the Southern Hemisphere and we might buy some of your languishing old pieces from the sale section. We're the only customers who need winter stuff, so why on earth not try to flog them off to us at a lower price?


Here's what I wore today. You've seen it before, but it cheered me up as I'm still feeling a bit off colour.

Any new J Crew for you? Or are you jaded and tired like me?
Any weekend plans?
We're off to the beach. Yippee!!!


18 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better Ruth! nothing worse than one of those stomach bugs...
    Love the green skirt. But luckily I don't have the JCrew bug. I already have enough vices. Have fun at the beach xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to have lots of vices, I reckon!
      I wrote a reply to your huge new Chanel shop post at work today (shhh) but it got earn, or so it seems :( grrr.

      Delete
    2. No worries at all! By the way I have those things you can just tick like/dislike instead of writing a comment!

      Delete
    3. Aha! Saw that, but I do like to comment, too!
      Managed to battle google and leave a comment. I think it's something to do with ?firefox on my work computer. It won't allow me to comment as my blogger profile. Irritating.

      Delete
  2. I am also glad your feeling better! At least you were the only one,i hate for the whole family to be sick all at once with a stomach virus. No fun:(

    Jcrew's new arrivals didnt really excite me either,but there are a few things i like.
    I am expecting a popover on friday(plain white),but i am still looking for something to wear to the event i am going to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ina. there is nothing worse than gastro in the house. I'm so relieved that the kids didn't get it!
      You really should have a look at DVF. I reckon you'd be a size 2.
      I don't think J Crew does dresses very well, apart from very casual beachy ones.

      Delete
  3. You have to stop enticing me with these pricing policy pieces. I like to pretend I am still the Jude with a proper job in marketing and business strategy not the he said she said person I am today. I would tell you what I think they are doing but that boring piece might put at risk my mighty readership of four followers. Side note: what sort of Brit are you finding fiendishly cold?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jude, please, please go ahead and tell us! I would love to kno more. I mean, I Caen sort of guess, but I would really love to hear from an expert!
      By the way, are you contactable by email? Let me know.
      And please post a piece on their pricing policy.

      It is stupidly cold here. And I am a shit Brit!

      Delete
    2. jude.and.ogre@outlook.com

      Cheers.

      Delete
  4. Oops, finding Sydney fiendishly cold.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ruth - happy you are on the mend! I just woke up and am drinking my coffee and looking at the new rollout. It does feel that JC forgot the skirt this year? There is only one thing that i will order (maybe) the black eyelet peasant top, as I have actually been looking for one! But am off to check anthro and a couple of other spots before I decide!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you ordered the black peasant top?
      Hope so - it does look lovely!

      Delete
  6. Hi Ruth, sorry to hear you have been ill - I hope you feel better soon! I am also underwhelmed by J. Crew's offerings this year. Maybe I have finally reached saturation point with J. Crew but it does seem like they haven't offered any new designs in a long time. One only needs so many pencil skirts and capri pants before it gets to be enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Louise, I think you could be right. I have no need for any more things at the moment - in fact I almost think I've overdosed!

      Delete
  7. Sorry you weren't well, especially if it was gastro - yuck. Hope it escapes the rest of the household. Must say I've been underwhelmed by the J Crew offerings this season. I think you got the cream of the collection with your butterfly skirt and punk scarf. Plus the annoying over charging the Aussie customers drives me nutty. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi! I'm pleased with my scarf and skirt.
      I am interested in a couple of things from the Fall collection, but will have to see how $$ they are. There's a sweater and a jacket that are very Dries van Noten ish...... love Dries, but not the price so much!

      Delete
  8. Lovely colour on you, ruth!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, firstly don't apologise about your absence from the blogosphere, you had a valid reason; I'm not sure what my reason is, I've just had an emotional block unfortunately (feeling a bit down), so please accept my apologies too!

    Anyway hope you are feeling better. I'm sure a good spending spree will lift you; it's a shame J Crew aren't doing it for you at the moment!

    ReplyDelete