Friday, July 26, 2013

A couple of outfits, j Crew and shoes....

I've had a very busy week.
Inspired by Wendy's lovely outfit, I wore my Monarch scarf Yet Again!
It is indeed a wardrobe workhorse!
I'm not sure if this outfit is on the verge of red madness or not, but I enjoyed wearing it anyway.



Today I went for a slightly less eccentric look and played it safe with stripes, flowers and beige boots.



J Crew has new Fall stuff on its website and I'm not that enthralled. Perhaps it's because I can now buy it easily, but I'm sure the previous couple of years were more exciting.
I remember drooling over items I couldn't buy two years ago, whereas this year I'm filled with a sense of ennui.
It's all a bit redolent of seasons past. I don't expect newnewnew all the time, but a fresher approach may be needed.
These items interest me:
Valentina pumps, Rynetta pencil skirt, some necklace whose name escapes me and a colourful Tippi.
I won't be buying any of the above items, though, as I am still in shoe purgatory: waiting for my third pair of Mulberry pumps from Net-a-Porter to arrive and pondering whether I really need shoes like this. Am I really in need of these shoes or am I suffering a mid-life crisis?
The size 37 are here, and the 36.5 will be arriving early next week, but I've not had time to play with them yet.
The jury's still out on whether they are the shoes for me or not.

How are you this week?
Any new J Crew lusts or are you filled with ennui like me?
Do you buy shoes for the life you have or the life you imagine you might have?

12 comments:

  1. Ah I am not the only one with ennui! I have a few things in the jcrew wishlist category, though they require a good sale before I will bite! I just always love you in that houndstooth skirt! I wish that had worked on me - it is so fun and cheeky!

    I just read something the other day that I am trying to incorporate into my decisions to buy or keep items - can you imagine yourself wearing this somewhere and where in reality would this be? A lot of time, I can't imagine (unless George does come carry me away) and so I let them go....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, major ennui... or perhaps I've reached critical wardrobe mass?!
      I'm underwhelmed by almost everything.
      Funny you should mention trying to imagine oneself wearing an item of clothing - I had a dream where I was wearing the new shoes with my butterfly skirt.... I can imagine myself wearing them to work/dinner etc, so I think I will be keeping them....!

      Delete
  2. I love both of the scarves on you! I love shoes and I buy both for the life that I have and the one I envision for myself lol. You definitely need both! A true shoe lover can't always be practical, there needs tonbe a balance. But, what's life without a few frivolous gorgeous pairs of fun shoes? Enjoy them! Can't wait to read how this shoe story turned out!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks A! Will update with the shoe outcome very soon... it's been a very busy weekend!

      Delete
  3. Love the red outfit on you-and you really can pull it off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ina! Hope things are going well for you with the moving!

      Delete
  4. I stepped into my tiny B & M yesterday. The schoolboy, I shoulda said "new", still doesn't work for me. Loved the green Tippi and will wait for it to go on promo. Also thought the Collection Bomber Jacket might be cute. You look lovely as ever all bundled up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks BB. Tippis are fantastic, but I'm too mean to buy them at full price. The green colour is lovely.

      Delete
  5. The RUTH/WMM scarf makes another appearance! You look so lovely in both these outfits! I've had such a weird relationship with shopping lately, simply can't find anything I like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks AB! I actually think that I've reached some form of shopping overload. I used to only shop 2 or 3 times a year, but now that I can shop online at any time I seem to be shopping on a monthly basis.... not sure that this is good for me!
      I also agree that there isn't much to get excited about, but again, that could be due to retail overload!

      Delete
  6. The only lust I have at the moment are for the beaded chambray shirt and tuxedo stripe chinos. "They" know I cannot resist chambray shirts and one that's beaded, yes please! They know I never got over missing out on the tuxedo scout chinos ...

    If I didn't already have a zillion scarves I'd be seriously stalking the red one (green is no good near my face). Love your style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beaded chambray is so you! And there are a lot of fancy pants in the new rollout, too. If the pants at J Crew fitted me I'd be going for those tile jacquard capris.... But alas, their pants are too baggy on my bum and tight on my thighs, so can't risk it.
      More's the pity. Those tuxedo chinos are cool. Wonder how they fit??

      Delete