Monday, July 22, 2013

The arrival (and departure) of blue things Part 2

A brief post to lament the untimely departure of my 3rd blue item.
The 3rd item was, as some of you guessed, the Mulberry shoes I was lusting after on Net-a-Porter.
They arrived in a lovely black NAP box:


And were encased in a beautiful bright pink Mulberry box within (complete with black NAP ribbon)


But alas, they were too small!!
I ordered them in a size 36, which is my usual size in most shoes. I usually wear a 35.5 in sandals, or even a 35, but a 36 in shoes to give more room for my wide hooves.
The Net-a-Porter size advice for these was that they are 'true to size'. I even talked to their customer service to explain my wide foot issues.
They assured me the 36 would be fine.
But it wasn't.....


So, they are going back today, as soon as the DHL man makes an appearance.
I am mighty sad.... but don't think I haven't re-ordered them in two different sizes. Yes, I am so OCD that I've exchanged these ones for the 36.5 and have ordered the 37 too, just in case.
I also alerted NAP to their misleading advice and they have refunded me the shipping costs as an apology.
They do have Very Good customer service.

I know it's a very shallow, first-world kind of problem, but I do wish that sizes would be consistent. Or that my feet were less like short, wide paddles!!!

So stay tuned for the next episode in the blue shoe conundrum!

16 comments:

  1. Oh NO! how sad. Still waiting my Shoes of Shame arrival. Fingers crossed I don't have the same problem. I do find shoes difficult. And even NAP advice that things are 'true to size' is so difficult - to whose size? Gucci's? Mulberry's? Pradas? etc etc. They're all so different it makes things very hard. One of the next two pairs will have to fit! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh can't wait to see your shoes of shame! I really hope they fit you! It's such a disappointment when they don't fit! I was rather gloomy last night when I tried them on.... They were too narrow in the toe box and too short. Grrrr! Still, at least NAP offer free returns etc. I should get one of the replacements by Friday I hope.

      Delete
  2. Drat.
    I bet you were looking forward to them and everything.
    But the baby has arrived and you can do something celebratory today. The royal baby said so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, it was disappointing... My kids were even more excited than me about them - they love a brightly coloured shoe!
      I had planned to wear them to a do on Saturday night... And I still might if the next pair arrive before the weekend (and fit!)
      Great news about the royal baby! I shall celebrate by going to yoga tonight!

      Delete
  3. Boxes are lovely! But I see the shopping ban is truly over!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would seem to be so.... Tax time always has that effect!

      Delete
  4. Too bad they didnt fit,esp when you were so excited.
    Hopefully one of the two other ones will be a keeper!
    I am like that too,i did the same thing with the camille dress and in the end after three order none fit:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I remember the Camille débâcle! Yes, it's possible that will happen.... They may just be the wrong shoes for me :-( hope not, though.

      Delete
  5. Oh they are really beautiful! I would have ordered both if they were covering shipping, too! Hopefully they will come soon and fit your paddles to a tee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One pair have arrived and they fit fairly well.... will update soon!

      Delete
  6. The shoes look lovely. Do hope the right size shows up before your soirée.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks BB. The size 37 have arrived but I haven't really had time to try them properly yet. Will have a play with them tonight, I hope!

      Delete
  7. What a shame. I hate waiting for shoes and find that they don't fit. I can't stand size inconsistencies between brands and within the same brand. Why can't they all stik to the same size?! Good luck with the replacements. One has to fit! Can't wait to see the review. I am loving blue and navy for the last couple of years (a drastic change fr my former love - black), but I still haven't ordered any blue shoes besides sandals. I find them hard to wear with tights. Do you wear sheer rights with blue shoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so frustrating, isn't it?
      I don't usually wear tights with shoes unless it's winter, when I wear black opaques. I'm not sure how they would look with blue shoes, but will have a play around this weekend.

      Delete
  8. I feel your pain and misery. How horrible to have your eye on these beauties and then when they arrive, they don't fit properly - my worst fashion nightmare! I hope you find a replacement soon!

    I have to say the packaging is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Colleen! I love NAP packaging, and their very speedy service

      Delete