Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Simple outfits

Some simple outfits during an extremely busy week.
I'm hoping that things will calm down soon, giving me more time to think and breathe. Thank god for yoga or I think I might have a total tantrum!
The weather has been totally schizophrenic. One minute it thinks it's the sahara desert, the next it's Antarctic. Madness. 
Stressful times and unpredictable weather mean I'm not too creative in my wardrobe choices.


Outfit for cold day: J Crew Andie Chinos, Country Road grey sweater, J Crew Monarch scarf and Repetto flats.


Outfit for a slightly less cold day: J Crew Drapey sailor top, Nudie jeans sourced from op shop (Free!!), Jenny Kee scarf and APC sandals.



Outfit for a warm day… I'm sure I blinded some people with my brightness!
J Crew cotton top, J Crew factory skirt, Fitflop sandals


The sandals are a bit daggy, but I really need sandals I can walk in for long distances, as I need to hike across campus fairly often to meetings.


Do your outfit choices reflect your stress levels? 
I find I become far more conservative and 'safe' when I'm feeling under pressure.

Fingers crossed for a nice relaxing end of week!

16 comments:

  1. Love your simple combinations! It is very fall today and I am pulling on more woollies! How is the heat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Wendy, it's going to be 34 Degrees C today again.... I don't mind the heat, but I hate the dry, windy furnace-like temps we've had recently.
      Global warming is a harsh reality.

      Delete
  2. Honey, nothing about you is daggy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice outfits!
    The same happens to me too,when I m stressed I go super basic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ina. It just makes life easier, doesn't it? I need a doppelganger right now

      Delete
  4. It's hump day baby. Hopefully you will ease gently into your week end. I see the red as playful and passionate not stressed to all hell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks BB - going to head over to your blog later to catch up on your travels!
      It is Thursday, and I'm taking a day off tomorrow for my mental health, so all good!

      Delete
  5. You don't look stressed at all, so you're hiding it well dear Ruth! You look gorgeous as usual and I love your new jeans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks AB. There is nothing better than a free pair of jeans (well, perhaps a free Hermes bag, or world peace or an end to unnecessary early death)

      Delete
  6. Lovely outfits Ruth. The bar striped tee is available now in xxs in the navy and has been available as a popback today. I am determined to see that you get this top!

    (heather stripe) if you are interested. I am determined to see you obtain this top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for letting me know, Shopping Celle. I keep checking and am hoping one will pop back - I see it's now full price again, but still, I hope to get one!

      Delete
  7. Did your drapey sailor tee shrink when you washed it? I washed mine in cold on delicate and didn't dry it and it is now almost child size. So sad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth, it has shrunk a bit - mainly in length, but not to child size. I wash mine in cold on delicate too. Perhaps you should return it and complain? mine is a touch shorter, but not too much so. Sorry to hear yours is ruined!

      Delete
  8. Love the APC sandals. I love APC, I always make a stop at the store when I am in Paris (even if we have a store in NYC, but it isn't the same thing!). Saks started to carry it but only apparel for now, while what I really like is the "maroquinerie".
    You look great in all your outfits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love APC too - there's no shop in Sydney, but one of my favourite small boutiques stocks a huge range, so it's handy. Plus the online shop is very efficient.
      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete