Tuesday, November 5, 2013

J Crew Review: calf hair belt


As some of you may know, just before deciding on a 6 week stop buying stint, I had a bit of a leopard  moment and bought quite a few leopard items.
The shoes were first, but then came a belt, a phone cover and finally a cardigan!
The cardigan is still en route, and I have no phone to put the cover on yet, but the belt arrived last night, so I thought I'd give it a whirl today and write a bit of a review.


The pics are a bit blurry, but as you can see, it's a lovely colour. It's calf hair, and made in the USA. I got size XS, although I wouldn't say it's particularly extra small. The total length is 91cm (36"), and the holes allow for a 66 - 76cm waist (26 - 30").
This would mean that truly small women would need to make extra holes. It's ok for me, but if I want to wear it as a waist belt, I might need an extra hole.
Vanity sizing really is annoying for petite people.



 Here are some pics. I'm wearing it with a blue cotton sweater, j crew Andie chinos and the new leopard shoes.


Hopefully I don't look too tragic.

Pics of the phone cover and cardigan will follow, plus everything together for those who requested it!

19 comments:

  1. Quite the kitten. The belt looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks BB. Don't worry, I'll pile the whole lot on once the cardie arrives!

      Delete
  2. A hint about the belts if I may, check the descriptions to see if it says it's meant to be worn around the waist or hips, the ones for the hips are not that small even if XS,

    A leopard moment ... love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha! yes, it's meant to be a hip belt. It's still pretty big though. It would swamp some of my slimmer friends!

      Delete
  3. You look great even if I am not a leopard loving girl:). Can't wait to see all of ot on together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it a lot! I don't think it's tragic... yet. The outfit together may border on that though (either tragic or very Jackie Collins inspired). xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heidi, I'm sure that the whole lot together will look totally tragic, but I will model it for the blog!

      Delete
  5. Holy Ertha Kitt, I can't wait! Those "crisis" shoes are getting plenty of wear, so kudos! (Plenty cheaper than a Ferrari)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! they are getting a lot of wear, but I think it'll be too hot for them soon

      Delete
  6. I love the shoe and belt touch. Worn with the navy outfit I think it is great...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Funky Steph, thank you! I love the navy with it too.

      Delete
  7. I love the shoe and belt touch too,i thnk it fits your style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Ina. Very much looking forward to getting your cardigan!

      Delete
  8. I love the belt and the loafers together! It's all still subtle but stylish and fun together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, thanks so much! I appreciate your compliments!

      Delete
  9. I think leopard is a perfect fit with your style! Glad to hear the belt is still made in the U.S. The belt and shoes are great touches to your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pleased to see that it's US manufactured too.

      Delete
  10. Oh Ruth! You have opened up Pandora's box now with all of the leopard prints. You won't be able to stop and will have a whole closet full like me!

    ReplyDelete