Sunday, December 15, 2013

Almost the holidays....

It's almost the end of my working year.
Semester is over, exams have finished and the party season is in full swing. The Vice Chancellor's Christmas cocktail bash always marks the end of 'work' and the start of 'r&r'


These past few weeks have seen a lot of events. This weekend we went to a Bollywood themed party:


We also hosted a dinner party here. I forgot to take photos, but a good time was had by all, I hope.

This week is looking a bit calmer, with only one drinks party mid-week, and  two at the weekend.

In the spirit of the festive season, here's what's on my gift wishlist.
Andeol scarf, from http://www.andeol.com.au/
Emilie Cacace is a local designer who prints her divine designs on thick and wonderful silk - they are beautiful pieces and the prices aren't too insane. I'm hoping to get this one:


Also on my list is some scent from Miller Harris. I'd be happy with either Citron Citron, Fleur Oriental or La Fumee (or all three!):


 Finally, I'm hoping for a Diptyque candle in Feu de Bois, as last year's one has finally run down. I love this scent; it really does smell like fire wood. Shame both the candle and the Miller Harris scent is so $$$ in Australia!

A few outfits, mainly blue last week.


Acne dress, Senso sandals. Wolford top, J Crew skirt, Cos cardigan and L'Autre Chose sandals. Gary Bigeni skirt, Wolford top, J Crew cardigan and APC sandals.

My summer uniform this year is predictable; it consists of a skirt + singlet + cardigan or a dress + cardigan. Thanks god for J Crew jackie cardigans is all I can say, as it seems there are no cardigans to be had in the whole of the antipodes!!!

This week I am going to tidy up work stuff, attend Christmas parties, finish my Christmas shopping, do some wrapping, source a tree and get my hair cut! 

Oh, and clean the house. Maybe.

What's on your To Do list?

25 comments:

  1. Love these - the cocktail party looks wonderful - so jealous of an outdoor cocktail party! We were freezing in -15 temps watching fireworks last night - it was brutal (though the fireworks were amazing!)

    Hope you get your Christmas wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Wendy - loved reading about your Dickens party. Can't believe how cold it is at yours!
      Hope you have a fab holiday!

      Delete
  2. You look great in blues!
    Most of my christmas shopping is done and now its mostly parties and open houses(as you know from instagram:),.
    It must be funny to celebrate christmas in short sleeves:)
    Hopefully Santa will put some thing Tory Burch under the tree:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ina - I hope Father Christmas brings you some Tory :-)
      I'm so used to the heat now that I can't imagine a cold Christmas!

      Delete
  3. Love your outfits!! Glad to hear things are winding down for the holidays (I am quite envious as I still have a week of craziness to get through before I can relax a little). The silk scarf is gorgeous - fingers crossed it appears under the Christmas tree!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Louise, I hope you get through your week as calmly as possible! I'm counting down the hours 'til my working year ends!

      Delete
  4. Love the Bolly bottle - very clever! Love that scarf too, would look excellent with all the colours in your wardrobe.
    I love a diptyque candle, and Feau de Bois is one of my favourites in Winter... it's such a shame they're so expensive over here!!
    Lovely blue outfits, and hope you get some r&r in somewhere in the next frantic week and a half xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Bolly bottle was a stroke of genius by a couple who were at the party!
      Hoping you get some r&r too! (and that rude anons stop posting on your blog - although it's great reading your very well-structured and civil replies!)

      Delete
  5. Bare legs and sandals - not envious at all - harrumph!
    I love the Bollywood Box too, I always burn Diptyque's Myrhhe in December and Feu de Bois in January, they are stunning scents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Myrhhe is also divine, but due to their excessive cost I limit myself to one a year (unless I'm back in Europe - then I go crazy!)

      Delete
  6. The dress looks very nice (what a horrible name for a label!) and I could never get used to having the seasons turned upside down especially during the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Acne is an acronym for something or other, I think - trust those Swedes to use a word with horrid connotations.
      It's been surprisingly easy for me to adapt to the Southern Hemisphere weather... I used to dread the dreary winter in the UK

      Delete
  7. love the flouncy blue skirt - the summery mood is sooo nice! Who needs a white xmas anyway?? i like miller harris as well but my heart still goes to cire trudon - they just have that extra x factor for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cire Trudon make such divine candles - also very $$ here, sadly!
      Love your Hermes cushion - fab idea!

      Delete
  8. I know you have been busy as hell so rest up…it starts again in a few weeks, no? You do look lovely in blue and that scarf would fit right in. Very lovely. Do hope you get all the gifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks BB!
      Yup, back to the hamster wheel on 6th Jan... oh well!
      Hope you're having a great holiday!

      Delete
  9. Love Feu de Bois - the eejit builders who built our apartment (for the previous owner) included a nice brick fireplace with chimney but without the bit that you slide open to let the ashes fall down into whatever collects the down below, or maybe I'm just spoiled by having lived in houses with such. Anyway, that's where Feu de Bois saves the day.

    Now of course I want that scarf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No!! bloody builders!
      Feu de Bois is fab, isn't it!
      The scarf would be a great addition to any wardrobe :-)

      Delete
  10. Jealous of your weather!
    I love all of your blue outfits. Hope that you get all the gifts that you want and enjoy the break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather really is lovely.. I don't really miss the cold at this time of year!

      Delete
  11. Gorgeous outfits!
    I've done most of my Christmas shopping
    Just have to bake now....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks cilla! good baking wishes to you!

      Delete
  12. Have a fabulous holiday - sounds like you're busy and festive! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. When you throw a party, I'm certain a good time was had by all.
    I am not ready for Christmas but I am taking most of the next two weeks off to R&R and clean house too. Maybe also get a hair cut.

    I hope you get your wishlist. Merry Christmas, ruth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rather late here, but hope you had a great holiday too!

      Delete