Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Hervé Léger dress saga continues

Well, the dress has been returned to NAP in Hong Kong, and I've requested a refund. I got an apology email, promising a swift refund of the price and shipping, so that's good.
Happily (or at least I hope so), I managed to track down the same dress on another website which is on its way!

I hope to get it before the weekend, possibly even today, so will update with pics if the new, replacement dress is a winner or not.


In the meantime, a few pics of my Christmas present scarf from my parents:

Andeol Scarf

As it's pretty warm in Sydney, my summer uniform has come out. It consists of pencil skirt + singlet and cardigan for aircon office, or a dress and sandals. Not very adventurous, but simple and easy for 30 degree + days.


Black Wolford singlet, J Crew Factory skirt, APC sandals. DVF dress and APC sandals (yes, I have three different pairs). M&S singlet, Paul Smith tweed skirt, J Crew cardigan and L'Autre Chose sandals.

Hope you're having a good week and that your weather isn't crazy!

17 comments:

  1. That's great that you've got another on the way - fingers crossed it will be perfect! I like your summer outfits. Here it's been very boring this week. I've really not left the house though - a sleeveless dress in natural fabrics. And sandals. I just ordered a new dress from Boden actually - it's a sleeveless t-shirt material dress so hopefully it looks good. I haven't bought any new everyday dresses this season, and know I will be sick of the sight of all of mine when I've worn them for 3 months straight. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love t-shirt dresses too. The Boden one sounds great - I can never find decent casual summer dresses, so have the same old ones I've had for years on rotation every year. It's easy to find semi formal dresses, but casual ones are hard to fine. I might have a look at
      Boden....
      I hope the boiling temps go down soon for you.
      Anyway, great news - the dress has arrived and it's fab! Not faulty and fits very well. Pics in the next day or two!

      Delete
  2. That's brilliant Ruth, you've sleuthed another one in record time.
    Heidi - t shirt dresses are my favourites, I love living in soft stretchy clothes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a good posh dress sleuth ;-)
      It has arrived and is wonderful, so I'll take some photos over the weekend and flaunt it!

      Delete
  3. Pretty. The dress must have been meant to be...ya know what I mean. I still need to post my NAP purchase. I'll try to get that by weeks end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I wore it out to a dinner things last night and felt fantastic in it! Pics soon I hope

      Delete
  5. Yay for the dress Ruth! Your outfits look wonderful! I am going to try and source a DVF dress this year, but I really would like try on a few styles and sizes to be sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DVF dresses are amazing, but it is a good idea to try them, as some styles are better than others for those of us blessed with a bust!
      I have DVF dresses from size 0 to 4!

      Delete
  6. I am so glad you got the dress - can't wait to see photos! Still envious of your shoe collection - fabulous sandals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise! Sandals get a lot of wear here due to our climate. If I was back in London! there's no way I'd need so many!

      Delete
  7. The Paul Smith tweed skirt/singlet/JC cardigan ensemble is smoking hot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm very fond of the tweed skirt!

      Delete
  8. Glad the dress story has a happy ending. I love that Paul Smith skirt and the outfit. I'm also a huge fan of Wolford and have been missing some of those essential layers these past few months. I wish they made a maternity line, it would be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wolford things are amazing. I love their tights and tops. It is a shame they don't do a maternity range, I bet it would sell very well.

      Delete
  9. We're ready for the H'L' close-up!

    ReplyDelete